Hey Guys! It’s Wellness Wednesday once again and today we’re going to look deeper into the topic we touched on last week–Procrastination.
This can be such a big problem for people, because honestly sometimes it can be so comforting pushing off a major assignment till “later.” The problem with this is, it always comes back to bite you when the time you set aside for that thing is suddenly occupied by something else. You see, it really is best to do things as early as you can.
So, how do you beat the procrastination devil when it’s breathing down your neck that there’s a new series to watch or foosball to play?
- Just do it… NOW. – Stop planning how you’re going to do it and just jump right in. Sometimes, it has to be a now or never thing.
- Kill the distractions–Yes that means Facebook and the rest. Kill them with fire.
- Be Prepared– Have the knowledge you need to do the task, so you don’t get discouraged because you’re totally clueless about what you have to do.
- Rest Strategically – Sometimes you just need a quick break to get yourself buzzed enough to work. So a power nap to prepare you to work is allowed.
- Set a Deadline – If there were no deadlines, procrastinating would not even be an issue, but since we do have deadlines for things we have to do, setting personal deadlines can push you to work. Tip: Set your deadlines as early as possible before the actual deadline.
- Chop it up – If the task you have to do looks big and scary, break it down into small tasks. This way, you get to check things off your list more often, which can be very motivating
- Think about the pros and cons – What will happen if you do your work on time as opposed to submitting late? Ask yourself questions like this
- Have a reward ready – Pizza or a long nap, we all have things we love. Reward your hard-working, non procrastinating self with a treat at the end of the task.
concrastinating not procrastinating!